Music Banter - View Single Post - Good Songs by Non-famous Bands
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #46 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Now this is certainly a good topic. Non-famous bands? Seems every artiste I listen to (okay not all, but a pretty hefty percentage) rank as unknown to most people, and yet, yes, there can be some absolutely amazing songs in there, music that in all likelihood so many will never hear.

I could list hundreds, but the likes of Shadow Gallery have some totally stunning songs, like this one from their "Room V" album (sorry, Vengangelica, you probably won't like it as it's quite long, but I'd urge you to give it a chance)

Then there's the Adventures, track from their "Trading secrets with the moon" album, this is called "Bright new morning"

and just one more: this is a band called Silent Edge, who have to date sadly only had the one album, "The eyes of the shadow". This is a slower track from it, called "The curse I hold".

It is indeed frustrating that songs of this calibre are going unnoticed, but then I suppose if the bands got famous and everyone was into them we'd feel slightly less, I don't know, important? It's sort of like they're our bands, our secret? Though I'm sure they'd rather have the fame (and the money)...