Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #1615 (permalink)
Rjinn
The Aerosol in your Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
LOL those are magazine writers that said that..... and they typically are just as full of politics as award shows so its really naive to simply based what magazine writers have said and claim it as the entire industry thinking that way. I am just trying to look at the full spectrum.... Jack White isnt getting the same recognition as Justin Timberlake for example who is regarded as a serious musician when he isnt... I am looking at and comparing what the industry calls the best today which is really mediocrity.
I am not calling Jack White one of the greatest but he is alot better than alot of the mainstream artists we have out now.
So what you are saying is that he should be in the "pop" genre to get enough recognition as he deserves?

I don't know how they do it over there but plenty of teens and people proclaim his ability through the media, and society. Where did you get that teens and people don't know who is? He's everywhere. When he releases a new album solo or not, there are posters everywhere in big CD shops and entertainment stores. His new album covered entire windows and walls. He has t-shirts stuck on bodies. His concert tickets sell out in a flash. His video clips are played over and over in gyms.

If critically acclaimed reviews, editorials and being on the cover of almost all music mags, great amounts of interviews and framed photos aren't enough. What is?