Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #1617 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger ? View Post
It's quite simple
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards & Jimmy Page appear with Jack White in a photo session to show that he has the respect of his peers. They're not promoting any record they've made with him. It's purely about putting an icon from one time of music with another.

Stevie Wonder appears on a Drake album because he's multi platinum artist and so will probably get a hefty fee for doing so.
If you can find an article with Stevie Wonder singing the praises of Drake & calling him the voice of a generation then that's his opinion and I'll respectfully disagree with him.
You were making the arguement that since those highly regarded artists/legends wanted to do a photo with him than that means he was regarded highly and I simply used a similiar example and Stevie Wonder has spoke highly about Drake and many other artists that I feel are not worthy of those high remarks. I dont see how you could not find anything wrong with him doing a song with a mediocre rapper which I feel is making a point more than doing a photo shoot with a musician.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote