Music Banter - View Single Post - U.S. Election Day — Obama vs. Romney
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #35 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
What do you think Romney is doing correctly on job creation?

What do you think Obama is doing wrong on his promises?

Personally, I think Obama is the man for the job. I think he's a rational person with the right end goals in mind. He's not insanely partisan but I do think he's not afraid to stand up for what he believes in (healthcare, national defense, ect.)

There have been time I was frustrated, but I can't think of an issue where I don't agree with him.
I don't think Romney is doing anything correctly on job creation, as he's not in the position to create such an effect on the executive level of the presidency that would have an effect on a national scale. I said the right has ideas I like about job creation. If you want me to tell you what I like about those ideas, and throw in some ideas of my own, I'd be pleased to do so.

As far as Obama's unfulfilled promises, there are many of them, far too many to write out here, but you can look at some of the highlights here: PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken
And that's really just the first page I clicked. I'm not going for partisanship here. Just google what Obama has not accomplished. I'm sure not every result is a flat out lie.
But I do remember personally a promise about reducing the nation's debt, which, I don't know if you've noticed, has sorta done the opposite.
I was really hyped on his green energy solutions. Unfortunately, the money he invested in Solyndra turned out to be a waste. Not to mention the 2.4 billion taxpayer dollars funneled into electric vehicle companies to get electric vehicles on the road that completely flopped.

The "stimulus" turned out to be a bust.

The "no taxes for people under 250,000" thing obviously and outrageously showed itself as a falsehood, either planned or not, what with cigarette taxes, among other things, rising to unprecedented levels, and his very own health bill being actually ruled as a tax while his administration tried to play it off as otherwise like it actually matters.

I'm not saying I don't agree with his goals.
I'm just saying he did a pretty ****ty job at trying to implement them, is all.

I'd say, looking back, the last 4 years can only really give 1 thing to his name, and that's his healthcare bill. Bin Laden, I can't really be serious and say with a straight face that he's the only guy that could have been occupying the White House when that happened. Yes, there are other successes, but by and large, the things he said he would do, have remained largely "not done".

I respect that he wants to get things done. I just cringe when the majority of those things simply consist of a campaign platform, or an inability to work through the obstructive force of another party.