Music Banter - View Single Post - Can't we all freely listen to what we want to?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #47 (permalink)
LOLPOCALYPSE
Aryan Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfanatic View Post

Oh, my God! When I saw that little sentence I was like WTF is this guy, the son of Chuck Norris, who doesn't do a push up but pushes the world down...?

It's hilarious, ain't it? Two black metal shirt wearing guys taunt some rap-metal shirt wearing guys with their meager words, and then the rap-metal wearing shirt guys taunt back with their "badass" meager words, then the black metal wearing shirt guys taunt back with some more meager words, then the rap-metal shirt guys taunt back with their "badass" meager words, then it gets mighty heated when the rap-metal guy says something really badass (see, it's really badass when you don't put the word in quotations), then the black metal guy takes a piss and then the rap-metal guy takes an even bigger piss... See, it's all just a pissing contest.

Say, did another poster happen to launch his own thread about being beat the douchbag up by two rap-metal guys? I just wonder...
I think the reason people are having difficulty taking you seriously is because you pat yourself on the back far too much (and if the kids were as weak as you say they were it makes you the irresponsible one). I have never been an area where there was a war between nu metal fans and extreme metal fans, so I can't share your perspective. However, I do know that individual fans cannot be representative of an entire fan base. You encountered the worst kind of metal fans -- the ones that listen to metal in an attempt to be different and to face issues that they are too mentally weak to fix in a healthy way. They treat metal like a cult, where they can share their suffering because the world won't accept them. It's pathetic. For those of us that enjoy the artistic value and the drive that metal offers, it saddens me to see this common image (in the same way that I hate obnoxious atheists that give us other atheists a bad rep). I will let you listen to as much nu metal as you want. I'm sure you are a good guy, but please don't let one experience close the gateway to a genre that has much more to offer than Durst.