Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #1448 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I guess if you think the show is about the Barksdale crew you might think that, but I saw it as being about various organizations within Baltimore and enjoyed the second season just as much as every other season. I keep wondering, if the show had continued for another season, which organization it would have dealt with. I think it could have been cool if it was the church, especially since they had already touched on it here and there.
From what I was reading, if the show were to have gone onto a 6th season it would have shifted things up and started looking at the Latino neighborhoods of Baltimore that were briefly hinted at in seasons 3-4 when Cutty started doing landscaping.

Looking into churches would have been a great concept for a new season though. I read this non-fiction book called Gang Leader for a Day about a sociologist who befriends a gang lieutenant in South Chicago in the '90's and learns a lot about the ins and outs of gang culture, and one thing I learned was just how closely tied gangs can be to churches. I mean there was that scene in season 5 where Proposition Joe was using the church's backroom to have a meeting with Marlo about how to hide money, so you already know the churches in Baltimore have some connection with the gangs, and further developing that would have been really eye-opening to a lot of viewers who do not know of the connection.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote