Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #5183 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Having played all those, Fallout was the one I enjoyed the most and Arcanum was the one I liked the least (also prefer Bloodlines to Arcanum). Planescape torment was about as fun as the Baldurs Gate games.
I grabbed Fallout on Steam during a sale, but the color is all fucked up and I don't feel like messing around with .ini files to fix it. So I decided to buy it again on GOG and it works perfectly so GOG is my go-to place for older games now. I definitely do need to get use to the turn-based combat though. You never realize how much hand-holding modern games do with tutorial levels until you boot up an older game and it just throws you right into the action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I'm playing Deus Ex at the moment on PS3, which one are you talking about anyway, the new version or the original?
It would be the original 2000 release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
I've always wanted to try Arcanum but never had the chance. I'd be all over Planescape:Torment myself. One of these days I'll actually finish it. There are also some relatively painless widescreen mods that you can apply to the game to improve its presentation on modern monitors.
The aforementioned GOG.com has Arcanum for sale for $5.99. You'll probably need to call your bank to authorize the transaction though as the website is based in Poland (or somewhere around there) and banks get a little suspicious. Still, once you get it authorized there's so many old computer games available for super low prices it's ridiculous.

I bought Planescape: Tormnet last year but I didn't get very far in it, and when I saw GOG had the old Tex Murphy games I couldn't give them my money fast enough. Even though I've still got Pandora's Directive, Under a Killing Moon, and Tex Murphy: Overseer on CD, I could never get them installed on my PC.

I think I'm going to go with Fallout though.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote