Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #5211 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
The shooting really takes some getting use to, and I remember being frustrated when it came out because I couldn't fulfill all my Matrix style fantasies. Overall though the game is pretty good...except for those dream sequences, those can go die in a fire. The concept of them was pretty awesome and really came out of nowhere, but the actual execution was severely lacking. I can't tell you how many times I died while trying to follow that blood trail, and that crying baby noise really felt like my ear canals were being raped by a man wearing a sandpaper condom.
That blood trail with the baby crying (eventually sounding a bit inhuman at times) is one of the really spooky scenes I can remember from gaming. Following the trail was a bit annoying, but that Poltergheist-like corridor and the whole thing with your kid and wife getting killed was pretty awesome in the first Max Payne game.

In Max Payne 3, I don't think I've come across any dream sequences yet, but there's been plenty of flashbacks.

edit :

And now Max looks a bit like Zach Galiafinakis

Last edited by Guybrush; 10-07-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote