Music Banter - View Single Post - What is the future of human evolution?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #48 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I think the people of the future will be more homogenous as our genes are spread more even across the human genome. In the future, I'm thinking my distant descendants won't have this pale Scandinavian complexion that I have, but will be darker skinned. I think people will only become better at living in societies and will become f.ex more lawful as I think genes that promote cooperation among people are the ones with the highest fitness in modern societies .. So, that in a sense would be an effect of natural selection.

(I think if modern society is allowed to grow and develop, morals will also develop in what one might call a positive direction.)

As for how things will fare with diseases caused by or factored by genetics and whether or not most f.ex women will be able to survive natural birth without medical help and so on it's quite hard to tell. The way things are going, advances in medicine and technology means selection pressures are almost gone in many such cases. Either that pressure comes back in force because we lose the modern day privileges that currently keep them at bay or perhaps we come up with some gene therapies that somehow allow us to get rid of bad genes and keep good genes without breeding or culling which obviously is morally difficult.

Who knows what the future will bring?