Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #41 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 306
Default

True, blastinggas, humanity could be alot better of it didn't consist soley of humans.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #42 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

I just came upon a thought. How do we know that there wasn't a more advanced civalization on earth long before us and there's just no trace of it? Maybe millions of years ago there was a civilization just like ours and it was killed off one way or another. And given enough time the conditions became suitable for life once again and here we are. I guess this would simply contradict what we know about the history of the universe.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #43 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
I just came upon a thought. How do we know that there wasn't a more advanced civalization on earth long before us and there's just no trace of it? Maybe millions of years ago there was a civilization just like ours and it was killed off one way or another. And given enough time the conditions became suitable for life once again and here we are. I guess this would simply contradict what we know about the history of the universe.
How do we know that pigs aren't in fact more intelligent than we are and have an underground civilization and that the pigs that we keep on farms are merely a fanatical group of pig ninjas willing to die for their pig overlords that spy on us to make sure that we never become more advanced than them?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #44 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

Of course I would get a dumb answer like that. Anytime you mention something tju isn't scientifically proven you get some stupid sarcastic comparison like that. So I guess what youre telling me is that we don't know anymore about pigs than we know about the history of the universe? As mysterious as the origin of the universe is, we somehow don't know anymore more abou ****in pigs.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

No, you're missing the point about how practical logic works. You can't prove something doesn't exist; hence why we don't have our courts function in this way, if we were to say "prove you didn't ever rape a kiddie", everyone would be in jail.

:P
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #46 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

No, I get the point. Just don't get the stupid comparisons. Just because two things can't be proven beyond a doubt, they're equally as irrational? I think not. And I'm not just talking about the examples mentioned above.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #47 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
No, I get the point. Just don't get the stupid comparisons. Just because two things can't be proven beyond a doubt, they're equally as irrational? I think not. And I'm not just talking about the examples mentioned above.
Well, you're wrong.
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #48 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
tore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 5,935
Default

I think the people of the future will be more homogenous as our genes are spread more even across the human genome. In the future, I'm thinking my distant descendants won't have this pale Scandinavian complexion that I have, but will be darker skinned. I think people will only become better at living in societies and will become f.ex more lawful as I think genes that promote cooperation among people are the ones with the highest fitness in modern societies .. So, that in a sense would be an effect of natural selection.

(I think if modern society is allowed to grow and develop, morals will also develop in what one might call a positive direction.)

As for how things will fare with diseases caused by or factored by genetics and whether or not most f.ex women will be able to survive natural birth without medical help and so on it's quite hard to tell. The way things are going, advances in medicine and technology means selection pressures are almost gone in many such cases. Either that pressure comes back in force because we lose the modern day privileges that currently keep them at bay or perhaps we come up with some gene therapies that somehow allow us to get rid of bad genes and keep good genes without breeding or culling which obviously is morally difficult.

Who knows what the future will bring?
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
tore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #49 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Well, you're wrong.
It is you who is wrong.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #50 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
hip hop bunny hop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,367
Default

Ok, is there anymore evidence existing for your hypothesis than batlords?
__________________
Have mercy on the poor.
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.