Music Banter - View Single Post - Prince
Thread: Prince
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #81 (permalink)
Rock N' Roll Clown
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chives View Post
After digging up a copy of 1999 for a buck a while back, I think I'm ready for another Prince album. He seems like a very talented pop artist from what I've heard and read about his work, and I'd like to hear more of him. I'm guessing that Purple Rain should be my next buy but I haven't read up on his other works before so I'm just assuming here.
Along with "1999", "Diamonds & Pearls" is his most easy-accessible album. I mean, if you haven't heard much of Prince, these two are the best for beginning. So go for Diamonds & Pearls, and, of course, the classic "Purple Rain", which in my opinion is a little bit overrated, I mean when people think of His Royal Badness, they instantly think of Purple Rain, like it is his only good album, and it is absolutely NOT like that, but you can't listen to Prince without having Purple Rain.

And, as for Prince, the absolute greatest pop musician who ever lived (I'm not saying this just like that, I truly mean it), so if you are interested in the pop genre you just can't orientate for a better artist.