Music Banter - View Single Post - Prince
Thread: Prince
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #82 (permalink)
Chives
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlittlekitten View Post
Purple Rain has to be my favourite. What a bundle of joy.

Dirty Mind is another classic. Underrated electro funk mini masterpiece.
I think I saw a copy of Dirty Mind at the local record store recently. If it's still there when I visit on Sunday, I'll consider picking it up! Along with Purple Rain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N' Roll Clown View Post
Along with "1999", "Diamonds & Pearls" is his most easy-accessible album. I mean, if you haven't heard much of Prince, these two are the best for beginning. So go for Diamonds & Pearls, and, of course, the classic "Purple Rain", which in my opinion is a little bit overrated, I mean when people think of His Royal Badness, they instantly think of Purple Rain, like it is his only good album, and it is absolutely NOT like that, but you can't listen to Prince without having Purple Rain.

And, as for Prince, the absolute greatest pop musician who ever lived (I'm not saying this just like that, I truly mean it), so if you are interested in the pop genre you just can't orientate for a better artist.
Alright I'll look for that, but if I find Purple Rain sooner I'll get that instead. Or I'll just listen to them online or something. Whatever.

Usually I really get turned off by 80's pop music, but what I've heard from Prince sounds so damn good. Maybe he can make me appreciate the 80's pop scene a bit more.