Music Banter - View Single Post - Muse - The 2nd Law
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
RMR
Front to Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
This album nearly made me vomit. Madness is the worst track on it and so I guess the album wasn't as bad as I had feared, given I was expecting an albums worth of that track but it was still awful.
Muse is not in my top tier of bands (not even close). But, like I said, I do enjoy the album. I can also see why some music fans would not like the album (or even Muse for that matter), but I'm surprised that someone with your level of music knowledge and appreciation would find any album (performed with at least some level of proficiency) that would make you want to vomit. I certainly don't rank all music the same, but personally, I find some enjoyment in all types of music, as long as the music is performed with a certain level of proficiency, and I think Muse certainly hits that benchmark on some level.

By the way, this isn't a major Muse defense; I appreciate that people have different opinions on music, but I can't think of any *accomplished* band in any genre that I actually hate, or would make me want to vomit. Just my 2 cents.