Music Banter - View Single Post - Hi
Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 09:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderdogCrash View Post
Meh they sound the same to me. I just don't really like socializing I mean they don't understand the music or they way I dress. I get weird looks every time I go into the class. I don't mind being a loner some days.
I think that being an outsider is especially hard when one is 16, because most people that age want to "belong." However, sometimes the people around you just aren't the type who make good friends.

For example, people who care about how you dress and who give you weird looks probably aren't capable of being good friends at this time in their lives. In my experience (recalling high school), many people aren't afraid...they're mean. I always avoided those.

I was thinking today about your situation, and I agree with Blarobbarg about the importance of being yourself. I also thought about how, when friendships develop, they may develop almost without your realizing it. Among hundreds of people you meet, there may be one or two where you'll find that you understand the way each other thinks and you'll both feel happier and less stressed after being together than you did before you see them.

So which of the music that you like isn't understood by the people in your classes? I suspect you'll find people here...such as Kelli!...who like many of the same groups you do, and they'll understand why you like them. That's the benefit of the Internet.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote