Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #1619 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I've been watching episodes of The Venture Bros. out of order just to see if I can catch any continuity errors, but besides one joke about one of the Venture Bros. being circumcised while the other isn't, I can't find any. This show has done a magnificent job at world building, which is pretty impressive considering they almost never know if they'll be renewed for another season, which is why there's usually a 2-3 year wait between seasons. Definitely one of the more underrated animated shows out there.
Wouldn't have said it better myself. Kudos.

I've started watching Deadwood... and must say, along with Band of Brothers it's the best tv series I've seen. I'm about halfway through and so far it's only getting better. Most of the characters are authentic, the Gem saloon in deadwood was a real place etc - so don't spoil the series for yourself like I did by reading wiki biographies of Bullock or Calamity Jane.
Also, Ian McShane has created I believe the best "bad guy" I've seen on tv.
If you don't mind the setting, Deadwood is a very well made, fast paced story about a town full of degenerates and bastards and its transformation to a more civilized place. Throw in a bunch of very memorable characters and a ton of plot twists and it's no wonder the show gets 9/10 on IMDB.

Plus since all episodes are already out, you can watch them till you puke.
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote