Music Banter - View Single Post - Which is the better music city: Birmingham or Liverpool?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #33 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
I genuinely love The Beatles. I don't give a damn about going against the grain just for the sake of somehow being cool. I was listening to bands like Th Guess Who and CCR when I was 10.

I think what you described is a popular stereotype these days.
I was listening to bands like The Guess Who and CCR when I was 9 & 1/2. I think my favorite band when I was 10 was the Rolling Stones - honesly I forget what age I became a Stones fan. And tbh I didn't like The Beatles to much later on like when I was 14 or 15, but once I did I can see the appeal for them. They had a short career and it is easy to be fimiliar with all their stuff. The group of friends I hung around with in HS it was OK to like music from the 60's and 70's, because most of them were musicians. And I was one of the few who also like music from the 50's like early RnR and R&B. I think once a person gets rid of the stigma of what people think of you for liking old music than he or she can start to judge music based on quality not what's trending at the moment on the charts.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote