Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #12474 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

I don't even know where to start with this. It is one of the most frustrating movies I have seen for a long time.

It has such an amazing concept totally ruined by a complete lack of cohesion. The film touches on very deep concepts and ideas and it could have been such a dark, twisted movie but there is no ambiguity in the film. Even the trailer blew what could have been a genuinely jaw dropping moment later in the film and the straddle between comedy and horror just doesn't work at all. The black comedy is really, really good but you can't just drop those elements into a film that purports to deal with much weighter issues and get away with it. Make me sit there and attempt to figure what is going on or make me laugh and enjoy myself.

The obvious nod to The Evil Dead is undeniable and it was well shot and had some really great set pieces but it wasn't disturbing enough or light hearted enough to score on either scale.

In it's favour I would say that it is a great entry level into the Horror genre for viewers who don't normally view Horror movies and want to delve deeper.

Shame

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote