Music Banter - View Single Post - Mass murderer complains of a cold cell!!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #31 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I thought about that too, but wouldn't it turn out to be something like Minority Report, where a person is apprehended before a crime was ever committed? What happens if they figure statistically certain music and certain video games fit their criteria or MO, then they can haul off some kid to an institution because of his taste in music?
What? First of all, the only way to diagnose someone as a sociopath is with extensive psychiatric diagnosis, and even then the diagnosis is hard to pin down. And secondly, if someone is diagnosed as a psychopath and it is determined that they have homicidal tendencies, then I hope they would be hauled off to an institution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJunMC View Post
I agree with you and I believe that would help but how would we study a sociopath? They would be lying all the time so there is no way for us to really dig deep
Of course a sociopath's tendency to lie would make it difficult to study them, but certainly not impossible. If it did, then we wouldn't know as much as we do. It may take decades or centuries before we get any noticeable benefits from a policy like this that out way the risks (i.e. that they might escape and kill someone), but the long term benefits should out way the short term risks.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote