Music Banter - View Single Post - Mass murderer complains of a cold cell!!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #34 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circe View Post
I realise that not everyone agrees with me, that it's not a black-and-white issue and that I'm completely exaggerating my actual reaction, but I think the EU is the best thing that's ever happened to Europe.
Given the fact that the original concept behind a full European Union was to prevent any future wars between European powers and then updated to make Europe into an economic power that can match the USA and Japan etc it has achieved its aims, I won't dispute any of this.

Quote:
Talk about how bad the Eurozone is in the crisis, but without it Greece and the Iberians would likely have collapsed anyway without any way of being bailed out by the significantly wealthier countries like Germany and France.
But why should these countries be bailed out by the richer countries? These countries are in this state because of mismanagement of their economies, rampant corruption and a spend spend mentatlity. Now they expect to be bailed out.

Quote:
It's basically a kind of international redistribution of wealth to ensure that the poorer members aren't completely wrecked without any support from the richest members.
This is all good and well, but when the poorer members abuse that support, I think the support should stop.

Quote:
Also I think a lot of support for Euroscepticism comes from pig-headed patriotism and pure greed, two things that I despise.
I hate rampant patriotism as well, but you need to remember that throughout history, that Europe has been divided down nationalist and economic lines and there is an almost in-bred divison between a lot of the states. On top of that the UK has always had 'an island mentality' that makes us in many ways a seperate entity from much of mainland Europe.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote