Music Banter - View Single Post - Mass murderer complains of a cold cell!!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #35 (permalink)
Circe
Blunt After Blunt After

Yeah, I fully get what you're saying with bail-outs. It's pure stupid idealism on my part but I don't like the idea of people who aren't necessarily responsible for their countries messing up their economy suffering together with the idiots who caused the problem in the first place. You could say they're beginning to learn their lessons in some cases. I can't imagine the Italians will elect another Berlusconi any time soon unless they really are that stereotypically lecherous and... well, Greece appears to be going Nazi again and the economy was pretty much the only thing they did well and I'm really grasping at straws/entering controversial territory here. I guess bailouts do have the advantage of putting the corrupt economies more in the hands of nations who are still afloat because they've gotten some of the corruption out of their system already. And honestly, I don't think most of the richer Eurozone countries could really pretend they're so innocent themselves. The UK has just as many tax-dodgers and exploitative upper-middle class dickheads as it did before the recession. The main reason we're not completely collapsing is because we have so much of an economy to burn through.
Circe is offline   Reply With Quote