Music Banter - View Single Post - Mass murderer complains of a cold cell!!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #36 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circe View Post
Yeah, I fully get what you're saying with bail-outs. It's pure stupid idealism on my part but I don't like the idea of people who aren't necessarily responsible for their countries messing up their economy suffering together with the idiots who caused the problem in the first place. You could say they're beginning to learn their lessons in some cases. I can't imagine the Italians will elect another Berlusconi any time soon unless they really are that stereotypically lecherous and... well, Greece appears to be going Nazi again and the economy was pretty much the only thing they did well and I'm really grasping at straws/entering controversial territory here. I guess bailouts do have the advantage of putting the corrupt economies more in the hands of nations who are still afloat because they've gotten some of the corruption out of their system already. And honestly, I don't think most of the richer Eurozone countries could really pretend they're so innocent themselves. The UK has just as many tax-dodgers and exploitative upper-middle class dickheads as it did before the recession. The main reason we're not completely collapsing is because we have so much of an economy to burn through.
Sure, the advantage of what has happened now makes these more corrupt states tow the line more and to be more transparent in their economic dealings. They now realize how close they've fallen near the precipice and hopefully would've learnt their lessons. The economic disaster was something that most were totally unprepared for anyway.

You're right about the UK economy, it's the second most important economy in Europe and therefore had a lot to burn through than those at the other end of the barrel such as Greece.

Personally, I think the EU should be smaller and more compact in size anyway. As there are still too many countries to create a cohesive union, with too many national laws and injustices that just don't meet up to the guidelines laid down by Brussels. I really don't see what use countries like Bulgaria and Romania just to name two, are for the greater good of the EU and I dread the day if Turkey ever gains entry!
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote