Music Banter - View Single Post - Mass murderer complains of a cold cell!!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #40 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circe View Post
I imagine that as the EU expands it will eventually be able to occupy a role like, say, NATO, as well as its usual economic and political responsibilities. They may not seem like much, but not letting the weaksauce Balkan states into our club wouldn't reflect too well on our ideal of unified Europe. I do imagine Turkey will probably join one day, and that might not be too bad in the long run. It'll keep them distanced from Iran and Saudi, which is always a good thing.
The Eastern European states were always desired to keep them clear of any Russian influence, but that has backfired as Russia now has one of the world's best economies and these countries now need to trade with Russia, to stop them from collapsing. The old adage of Turkey as a buffer state against the Arab states is the only reason they're wanted (they're a Nato state too) But a country that has a history of rampant inflation, medieval laws, sexism and the violent supression of ethnic and sexual minorities, as far as I'm concerned has no place in an EU that prides itself on equality.

If you join a club, you abide by its rules, if you want your opinion heard once in the club, then there is the possiblity to do so. Most of these fringe countries can't quite grasp this basic principal and just want to join the EU for they can get out of it, whilst still playing by their own rules in their own country.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote