Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #457 (permalink)
Rjinn
The Aerosol in your Soul

Mental illness doesn't have to be permanent, it has to do with stress (or a brain that doesn't work how it should.) Suicide = Stress > Coping mechanisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
If you commit suicide, it can mean anything from wanting to get back at someone passive-aggressively, or even something as simple as being high/drunk. It doesn't necessarily mean you're mentally ill either. Saying you have to be mentally ill to kill yourself intentionally seems kind of ignorant to me.

Mental illness makes you irrational, but life can really suck. I can see how someone might kill themselves because they simply don't feel like living for X amount of years. Does that make them mentally ill because they don't have much going for them? Suicide only makes sense to the person who's dead.
I've never heard of a scenario where someone has killed themselves over being bored. Unless it's obviously some depressive state.

I can understand terminal illness but again, that's stress. I absolutely don't think it's mentally healthy to use suicide as a solution to solve your problems or instead of trying to find something going on for you in life. Neither is getting back at someone. That's either troubles with lack of motivation or social emotional stress.

If it is found out you're going to commit suicide you'll be admitted to an institution straight away no question.

Threatening suicide can be a call for attention, and also manipulative in cases. Committing suicide in cowardice is unreasonably twisted if fears are there to ensure your survival. No matter how complicated or delusional fear can be.