Music Banter - View Single Post - Jay-Z vs. Nas
Thread: Jay-Z vs. Nas
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #92 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AP Sparky View Post
Lets look at this quote shall we?

first he states he owns a music company that has worked with Jay Z, which handles the "production to consultation to track-brokering, management"
I'm not saying it's beyond the realm of possibility that lupe ghostwrote for Jay Z, but the quote doesn't provide any evidence for it.

I agree Jay Z "bites" (which is why i said plagiarism, and if you think your favorite rapper hasn't done it either-your wrong)

Haven't ever listened to the black album (only remixes) or any Jay Z album at all, so I'm not going to speak for his talent.

Edit:
Here are the writer credits for "what more can i say"
shawn carter(jay z)
thomas bell
roland chambers
The quote doesn't provide 100% evidence no, but it also means it's not beyond the realms of possibility. He admitted he worked with him on the Black Album, it's widely speculated he wrote on it. I think he did. We will never know.

I already knew Lupe wasn't credited for it, that doesn't mean anything.

Can someone find the credits for Return to the 36 Chambers? I'm pretty sure ODB was credited as writing all the tracks yet it's also widely speculated that other Wu members wrote his lyrics.

EDIT - And I disagree with your comment on plagiarism, once or twice, yeah. Jay-Z has done it far too much. He's a fraud.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote