Music Banter - View Single Post - Hey everyone.
Thread: Hey everyone.
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
slappyjenkins
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
I still don't know what happened to my invisible friend CtKoth guys

Hey, I know you! Yeah about independent publishing - I think the one you're talking about through Amazon is Createspace. That's what I used to self-publish my first book and am pretty happy with how it turned out. I mean yeah, I'd love to have my stuff published 'for real' but for now I feel like this is the best place to start. You also get the option for people to download it on Kindle (like you said) & you can actually make a decent percentage of the profits that way.

What kinda stuff do you write?
You are already published???? I am SOOOOO jealous! Let me know what the e-book is and I'll buy a copy!

I am trying to dip my feet in several genres right now; a little bit of horror, sci-fi, comedy, poetry.

I'll give away the plot to one of my stories that's about ready to go. A spec-ops agent, named Jack, is a very bad man who does bad things for the government. He is privy to all the latest tactics and technology. He cold and ruthless and very skilled. Well he underestimates a target and is killed. When he dies he goes to hell for a few seconds. He sees that the realm he is in reacts to his thoughts and fears. The environment changes based on his own thoughts, his personal hell as they say. He is attacked by demons and he fights back vainly. He's holding onto a piece of the demon's tattered clothing when he is revived. Instead of being terrified and doing the right thing which is turning his life around he decides to turn this piece of cloth over to his superiors to develop technology to open a portal to hell and weapons that will work in hell. The rough title right now is INVASION: Hell. It's a romantic comedy....no, no it's murder mystery....ok you got me, it's horror based.

I did this story just to have something in horror, I'm not a devil worshipper or anything like that. I like how it turned out though, some scurry shiet in there.

Also I like poetry and I have a collection that I would like to self-publish but I have no idea how many poems you need to make a sizeable collection?

I'll share one with you that made an ex cry...I didn't think it was THAT good but it really got to her for some reason....
-----
paths that never meet
Winding winding winding
at times so close
but destined never to meet

There is a path made for you
And one made for me

Around and over and back and still
winding through the trees
and winding through the hills

Two seperate lives
going their seperate ways

Sharing only memories
If only for today

I think our paths meet
on the road up ahead
But they are once again
diverging instead

Maybe this is all we'll ever be
two seperate paths
that never quite meet
----

...well there's some of my writing...critique me harshly!
And let me know what work of yours I can view such as that e-book!
slappyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote