Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Influential Rock Artist Ever
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #523 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N' Roll Clown View Post
That's pretty much what I'm saying. You haven't been impressed by the Beatles, because you haven't listened to enough music (I'm not insulting you in any way, you said yourself that you have listened to rock music only for an year). When you listen to more music I think you will understand how important, unique and amazing they were in the 60s. Their songs sound to you that childish-catchy style, because their melodies and songwriting style have been so influential and used by many pop musicians and sounds kinda cliched. The person above me said it very well: like it or not, they are the most influential (and what is more, they were also the greatest songwriters of all time), which actually makes them the greatest artist of all time.
P.S. Don't think that I'm a blind Beatles fan, there are more than 10 bands which I like much more.
Fair.

I have heard people say that they took a sound that was innovative and happening at the time and then made it popular, how true is this?

Still can't help thinking they're overrated though (especially John Lennon). What do I need to listen to to hear them at their "best"? Revolver and Sgt. Pepper were good pop music but I've got tons of albums I think are better than those.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote