Music Banter - View Single Post - Critique my poetry please! Thinking of publishing need honest opinions.
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
slappyjenkins
Music Addict

Quote:
My thought is that when people use you or are callous toward you, they must have a lot of personal issues that make it hard for them to treat you respectfully and honestly...and I can't help but think that this must affect their relationship with themselves in a negative way. Perhaps someday they will regret their actions toward you, perhaps not. Yet if I had to choose between being a user vs. being the used, I'd much rather have been the person who was used because at least it meant I was *trying* to be trusting and loving.
If only more women were like you. And guys too. Then we'd all be better off. I have to go out for a bit, but will be back later and I promise to review some more of your lyrics/poems. Been looking through your work and like I said there's quite a lot there. I also analized my last critique and realized that I didn't offer much in the form of suggestions or constructive criticism. I guess its hard for me to look at someone else's work and point out changes to be made. I figure your work is presented in its present form because that was where you got to at the end of the creative process...so it feels like hallowed ground. I guess I have to be brave and give my criticism and pray you don't take it personally. You were able to offer me great suggestions without stepping on my toes in any way, that is an art form and a bit of poetry in itself. You have a great underlying talent there!
slappyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote