Music Banter - View Single Post - Critique my poetry please! Thinking of publishing need honest opinions.
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
slappyjenkins
Music Addict

Now all of this has been short, but I had a rather large piece of work that I can NOT find and I'm freaking out. It was a play/poem, murder mystery (1700s like setting, but modern themes mixed in). The main character is a bumbling yet famous detective and his assitant is the brains of the operation.

The play centers around their most recent case. A transvestite named Bob hires them to solve his father's murder. His father is the owner/president of a large condom factory and recently fell down a flight of stairs onto a tray of knives and then crashed his car over a cliff when he tried to drive himself to the hospital. Well the old man had a new young wife and Bob is afraid his new step-mother 'might' have murdered him.

The narrator and the two main characters would speak in rhyme whereas the secondary characters did not...some of the more important characters would break into song or rhyme, but mostly talked normal...whenever the 'normal' characters would hear the detective and assitant speaking in rhyme they'd often interrupt them and say..'you guys always talk like this?'

It was rather hilarious and I don't know if I can rewrite the whole thing as it was....DANGGGG...

I'll go ahead and give away the plot/ending....When the detective first knocks on the door to the mansion. The butler opens the door and the detective says 'Aha the butler did it!' His assistant scoffs and they carry on with the investigation. At the end you find out the butler did do it LOL....this one funny concept is what started that whole thing...thinking of blaming the butler, because in a visual/story-telling setting that would instantly take the attention off the butler after that scene, and later revealing that it was the butler...
slappyjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote