Music Banter - View Single Post - Jay-Z vs. Nas
Thread: Jay-Z vs. Nas
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #162 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegma covered bell-end View Post
But you said 2Pac is awful though when all you meant was his music is dull and bores you. You don't see a difference between me saying Jay-Z is awful and I can't stand him but he is decent at what he does?
Decent at making crappy music, sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegma covered bell-end View Post
Personal opinion isn't synonymous with fact. I was discussing The Smiths with someone the other day and they said any band in the world is better than them because he hates them. How does that work? If I hated Led Zep I'd just say I don't like them, I wouldn't say they are awful because that is obviously not true, awful would be someone like LMFAO.
Personal opinion isn't synonymous with fact. Exactly. The Smiths aren't factually good, I just like them.

But let's discuss your example of LMFAO. You think they're terrible, I actually think they're a decent pop group. Imagine they somehow remain popular for the next 15 years and even *gasp* influence people. Would you start thinking they should be immune to criticism or would you still think they were terrible? I ask this question because it was my exact experience with Jay-Z.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote