Music Banter - View Single Post - Critique my poetry please! Thinking of publishing need honest opinions.
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Kelli
custom user title

Haha, slappy, I just noticed you had this thread for your poems! I already told you what I thought of the Paths one and that one's still probably my favorite of them. Some of the short and sweet ones would make perfect hallmark cards! But your sense of humor and that play/poem idea also makes me think you'd be good at writing comedies, haha. But like I said, don't get too discouraged about losing that one - you still have the story in your head and can always make it even better the 2nd time you write it. But you never know, it might still turn up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappyjenkins View Post
Lightning

Can you see the blur?
Colors swirling in a beautiful world

Can you hear the crash?
Light and Sound doing
an eternal dance

All of these things seem quite strange
They give me feelings I can not explain

*this popped into my mind after a particularly close and powerful lightning strike...practically blew the dookie out of my shorts...
Had to comment on this one. Any lyrics/writing with images or metaphors of weather is something that always grabs my attention. I like the pictures my imagination can paint with the words. Lightning especially, is both chaotic and beautiful. From a distance it looks cool but when it hits close it's kind of a jolt to your nerves. Anyways, nice job on this one.
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote