Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #12583 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post

That was just fun, The writing was solid as was the acting and I also reserve the right to call it one of the better action movies out recently. I had high expectations due to the very high RT rating and I came away very pleased and satisfied. JGL is such a pleasure to watch. I'll watch him do anything in film. The only gripe I guess you could say I have is the fact that the second half kind of diverges off the path that the first half set but it in no means takes away from the film. I mean, that kid was ****ing badass. I even liked the ending even though it was a bit abrupt. Great film.

9/10
Looper - I give the movie 10/10.

I saw Looper yesterday, knowing nothing about the movie beforehand, only that my friend recommended it because she also likes science fiction/action movies with interesting plots.

I felt the violent scenes were shot very well, the plot was fascinating and unfolded in directions I didn't expect, the future setting and acting were believable (and I didn't even recognize Bruce Willis at first), plus I liked the movie's ethical questions and message, which is almost Buddhist.

The conclusion was abrupt, but I felt that was part of the movie's beauty.

The trailer gives a lot a way, but if you want a taste of the movie to see if it might be your thing, then I feel the trailer is a good one because the mood closely matches that of the whole movie. Intense.

LOOPER - Official Trailer - In Theaters 9/28 - YouTube
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote