Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #1408 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
At the same time, RG3's stats are really inflated due to the type of offense he's in. It's kind of a gimmick offense full of options and short passes and the QB numbers shouldn't be looked at the same as under a more traditional offense. He does get off some long bombs to open receivers, but most of his passes are really short and he really relies on YAC a lot from his receivers. I think he's been WAY more sheltered than Luck, and he's getting much better support from the players around him. It's been a baptism by fire for Luck, and he's handled it very well.

It's kind of a toss-up for me about their performance this year, but I'd take Luck moving forward without batting an eye.
The conventional wisdom usually dictates you go with a strong armed pocket passer with a great ability to read defenses and make the adjustments. Luck is everything you could want in that type of passer. I think RG3 does have a gimmicky offense and his ability to run could cause him problems ala Vick if he doesn;t start taking the slide more often.

Personally I'd take either, but Luck is clearly the better overall quarterback in the long run if you're thinking conventional and looking for someone to be the face of your franchise for years to come. RG3 would scare me as a Redskins fan going forward because of his potential to have a career ending injury due to his careless running ability. Both are outstanding qb's but there is a reason all the pundits and owners/coaches agreed that Luck was the greatest qb prospect since Elway.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote