Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Workout Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #291 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

For the comment that was intended for:

Quote:
my bench press is pitiful. We're talking five reps with 70 lbs pitiful.
You don't need a PT to improve that ^^, it's not hard, PT's are generally for the unmotivated. Based on the posts she has posted in this thread, she seems more into fitness than strength/muscle building (this is not an insult, just that weight lifting might not be her main interest so I don't know how long she's been lifting).

I'm not saying there aren't any good PT's out there, but you're talking about a minority, I know loads of people getting into it now as it's become sort of a trend. Some of the stuff I've heard them say is a joke (don't drink milk it gives you breasts, don't use machines etc), generally they are for the unmotivated and absolutely clueless.

If you're lifting to failure and you're using low reps/high weight and your diet is in place there is no reason why you shouldn't be gaining strength. This is basic knowledge and you don't need a PT for that.

I'd rather post on bb.com than use a PT, you think the guys on there, some of whom have competed, use PT's? Plenty of bodybuilders don't use them, if they can improve strength without them, why can't you or I?
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote