Music Banter - View Single Post - Has music become stagnant (stopped moving/evolving)?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #171 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopsych View Post
I said months ago that that's not my definition of "banter." If the regular members' standard idea of "fun" here isn't fun to others, then this is what we get, few dedicated new members. Some of the others probably think the atmosphere is deliberately hostile, and a few of the most visible usernames fuel that perception. No one is going to quickly, magically change a "close-minded" new member's opinion via criticism. Nobody here can change the facts that some other forums are nasty and that many music fans have thin skins. If nobody here wants to behave differently, then nothing is likely to change. Except me - the atmosphere is eroding my interest in starting new threads.
Maybe if you want change you should lead by example instead of sitting around complaining? Just a thought. I mean, for all your concern about how newbies are treated, I have to say I can't recall ever observing you doing anything to welcome any.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote