Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Improvement Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #1123 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I feel this would be a good rule for the music forums.

If moderators see a member who appears to be ridiculing a music discussion by posting an image rather than debating with words, then the mods could privately and politely remind the member to contribute to the music discussion with words rather than just post pictures that appear to ridicule someone's idea.

I disagree that people need to be respectful in order to receive respect.

I feel we should be respectful of people here at MB whether or not they are acting respectfully. This prevents errors such as treating well-meaning people disrespectfully, and it also gives new members a positive example to follow.
I stand behind my points because at the end of the day this guy has been offered plenty of opportunities to relax and not fight everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I think that's true, I mean unless you practice it you really won't know what it is or appreciate it when you see it. The odds are not everyone is going to respect you even if you are perfectly respectful to everyone. That's how the world is. I think if it's something that's important than you'll do it, and sooner or later you'll meet up with other people are respectful too.
That's exactly right, thank you for expanding my point.