Music Banter - View Single Post - pet peeves you have about music
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Cinnamonics
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Yeah, that's why I said 10 times. I understand listening to an album two or three times (providing you think it's worthwhile) but not much more than that.
Haha. I'll be honest: It took me about 20 listens to understand Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, but it paid off, I've now been a huge Beatles fans for years. My entry-album into the world of Bob Dylan was Another Side.., and who knows how long I had to listen to it before getting it. I even hated harmonica before I started checking him out, and now he's my favourite solo artist. Sometimes I can just feel that there is something worth exploring, even if I can't understand it yet, and so I can keep trying for a month, a year, and even more. I seem to have become better at deciding faster the last year or two, though, or I have lost some patience. After all, there is so much music out there to be discovered!

My pet peeve currently is how there seems to be no RYM or BestEverAlbums for Asian music. I love sites like that, and to hunt around the internet for interesting Asian music can be a pain in the ass in comparison.

Also, there's a definite lack of guitars in the western top 40. Unlike in supercute j-pop, where guitar solos and riffs seem to flourish even when you want to puke from all the kawaii.
Cinnamonics is offline   Reply With Quote