Music Banter - View Single Post - Hip-Hop criticisms
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #44 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Why do you care so much about random people's motives for liking something? Myself and several other people in this thread have told you that we like the album because we think it sounds good. What does it matter what some YouTube commenter who's not a part of the conversation thinks?
Ironically I just spoke of this kind of situation in my journal, can something just be likeable without any further reasoning.
I'm pretty sure it works for disliking something. You'll see that animals will attack certain people for seemingly no other reason than that they simply dislike that being.
Perhaps it works for liking something also. I understand others simply like this album. I am just trying to convey why I do not. As the consensus seems to be that most people mindlessly like it. I'm trying to explain why I differ and why I don't like it.

The YouTube kid was a separate point about the seeming elitism that many Public Enemy listeners carry. As if they're listening to the greatest thing since sliced bread, that annoys me. You may also note I did not quote anyone from this thread whilst posting that. It was a separate point.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote