Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrycaaant View Post
As if listening to Public Enemy makes you profound. I'm sure this '15 year old' could have listened to Kendrick Lemar or something and been equally impressed.
There seems to be an elitism attached with this group and from just clicking one random Pubic Enemy video I was able to find one of the fanboys I detest.
It gives me further reason to be off-put by this average at best group.
Why do you care so much about random people's motives for liking something? Myself and several other people in this thread have told you that we like the album because we think it sounds good. What does it matter what some YouTube commenter who's not a part of the conversation thinks?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #42 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
But PE > Kendrick Lamar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
His opinion is valid in that it's his opinion
My opinion is that Kendrick Lemar > PE
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #43 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,424
Default

Good times.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #44 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Why do you care so much about random people's motives for liking something? Myself and several other people in this thread have told you that we like the album because we think it sounds good. What does it matter what some YouTube commenter who's not a part of the conversation thinks?
Ironically I just spoke of this kind of situation in my journal, can something just be likeable without any further reasoning.
I'm pretty sure it works for disliking something. You'll see that animals will attack certain people for seemingly no other reason than that they simply dislike that being.
Perhaps it works for liking something also. I understand others simply like this album. I am just trying to convey why I do not. As the consensus seems to be that most people mindlessly like it. I'm trying to explain why I differ and why I don't like it.

The YouTube kid was a separate point about the seeming elitism that many Public Enemy listeners carry. As if they're listening to the greatest thing since sliced bread, that annoys me. You may also note I did not quote anyone from this thread whilst posting that. It was a separate point.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #45 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrycaaant View Post
It's the ignorance of the 'music these days' mentality that just annoys me.
These people have no idea what they're talking about.
I can agree with that certainly.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #46 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,424
Default

I kind of agree with your point about elitism etc, I just don't think it adds any weight to a discussion about music.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #47 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrycaaant View Post
Ironically I just spoke of this kind of situation in my journal, can something just be likeable without any further reasoning.
I'm pretty sure it works for disliking something. You'll see that animals will attack certain people for seemingly no other reason than that they simply dislike that being.
Perhaps it works for liking something also. I understand others simply like this album. I am just trying to convey why I do not. As the consensus seems to be that most people mindlessly like it. I'm trying to explain why I differ and why I don't like it.
Do you? Because all I keep seeing from you is "people only like it because they think they're supposed to" type of comments.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #48 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

The topic of this thread is meandering at best lol. It's not even about Public Enemy yet here we are debating A Nation of Millions.

As I've stated before I dislike, not hate, it's not technically incompetent in terms of production or MCing and it hasn't done anything to evoke such strong feelings in me, it hasn't done anything to really make me like it either. When listening to it, it just sort of lingered in my earphones and I thought 'Is this it', is this the great album that so many people critically acclaim.

Perhaps the hype train ruined it for me. Perhaps I just expected more. I mean as I've said I quite like the remixed version of Bring The Noise, I guess I just found the album as a whole not that inspiring to me and rather disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Do you? Because all I keep seeing from you is "people only like it because they think they're supposed to" type of comments.
I do believe this is undeniable though. The majority do seem to like it because they're supposed to.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #49 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Do you? Because all I keep seeing from you is "people only like it because they think they're supposed to" type of comments.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #50 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrycaaant View Post
I do believe this is undeniable though. The majority do seem to like it because they're supposed to.
Do they? Most people I know who like it simply like it because it sounds good to them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.