Music Banter - View Single Post - Review of the Sonos Wireless Speaker System
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

In response to GuitarBizzare's comments:

My review was already long without discussing the entire Sonos product line. The line of Sonos Connect products are designed for use with a conventional Hi-Fi system and aren't relevant to my topic of reviewing the Sonos line of wireless speakers to play MP3 files on a computer or electronic device. Maybe you can write a review of the Sonos Connect line, of which I know nothing about.

Most of my review is descriptive of the product, not a shill for the product. There is nothing wrong with writing a good review of a good product and many audiophile reviewers have written far more glowing reviews of the Sonos product line than I have.

I will point out that about of third of my review is about the setbacks or negative aspects of the Sonos system.

Whether or not the Sonos bridge is the "brain" of the Sonos system is a matter of semantics, but the Sonos speaker is as useless as doorstop without the bridge which is the interface that organizes your music library, hence my use of the word "brain" to describe the bridge and it's software program. If you have a better metaphor to describe the music management function of the bridge software, by all means enlighten me.

I'm more than happy with the full stereo sound I'm getting from a single Sonos speaker. You're correct that a second speaker would improve the sound even more but the system is designed to build a integrated wireless system on a pay as you go basis.

Have you actually listened to a Sonos speaker? The sales person gave me a full demo of both the Play:3 and Play:5 speakers and I could swear I was hearing a full stereo sound and it didn't sound at all like my television speakers.
Gavin B. is offline   Reply With Quote