Music Banter - View Single Post - The psychic barclays premier league
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

So, how did we do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post

Sunderland/Tottenham --- hard one to call. Both will be on a high after wins although perhaps Sunderland may feel they have more to prove. Still, Gareth Bale is on fire at the moment. Maybe a cagey match, low score draw, say 1-1. I'll take a chance and say Defoe.
Meh, 2-1 to Spurs. Was a little cagey...
Quote:
Villa/Wigan --- Let's hope my lads realise what that round white thing is that keeps bouncing off their legs and getting to the opposition and ending up in their net! Surely they can't give ANOTHER bad performance? Wigan, hmm, hard to say. May be something to prove, and they may think Villa easy pickings. Which they may very well be. Gonna go for a scoreless draw, give it to Benteke. Why? Ah sure I feel sorry for the guy.
No comment. I SAID no COMMENT! **** off, ok?
Seriously, wtf is wrong with these guys? That's a total of FIFTEEN against, none for, over the Christmas period. Surely the Championship beckons?
Quote:
Fulham/Swansea --- They may have lost their way a little but I still rate the Swans against anyone. Go for 2-0 to them with Michu as the man of the match.
Close, but no Michu. Swans still bossed it though...
Quote:
Man U/West Brom --- Baggies will try, and will be on a high, but after 4-3 against the Toon I feel Man U will run all over them. I reckon a high-scorer, maybe 4-2 to Man U with Carrick as the outstanding player. Maybe.
Nah. United won but only by two goals, no Carrick in sight. Hey at least Van Persie scored for my FFL team...
Quote:
Norwich/Man CIty --- Surely City will know they have to win and will turn it on? Norwich won't be any pushover though. Say 1-0 to Man City, Ballotelli as man of the match. Only joking! Let's say Aguerro.
A real thriller, one of the games of the day if it wasn't for Arsenal's amazing, I say AMAZING performance. At least it keeps City in contention. Just.
Quote:
Reading/West Ham --- Reading desperate for points and smarting from the decisions in the last game but Sam's Hammers are fired up. 2-1 to the Hammers, maybe Carlton Cole?
Surprised to see Reading win. Big Sam's boys let him down...
Quote:
Stoke/Southampton --- I reckon Stoke will probably shade it, though it could go the other way. 2-1 to Stoke, Fletcher
Stoke could have won this at the death. High-scoring game, could really have gone either way.
Quote:
Arsenal/Newcastle --- Now this could be interesting. Arsenal rested as their game was cancelled midweek, but Newcastle will be hurting from having played so well but lost at the death against MU. So I think I'll go for the Toon, but Arsenal will probably score too. Say 3-2 with Ba as motm.
Game of the day, if not the season. Seven-three! Holy hell! Arsenal roar back with a real volley of goals to send the Toon home, smarting from not only losing, but AGAIN scoring three and still losing! They had better hope they hold on to Walcott!

That's it till tomorrow. Some amazing games. Anyone who managed to correctly predict all those scores must have a bloody TARDIS!!!