Music Banter - View Single Post - Gavin B.'s Warehouse of Songs
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Default Gavin B.'s Warehouse of Songs

Warehouse of Songs is a journal devoted to the songs that have stayed in my life over the years, even after I've played them relentlessly on my radio shows, at club gigs, on my home stereo and on my Zune MP3 player. Between my collection of vinyl albums, compact discs and MP3 files, I estimate that my collection music exceeds over 300,000 songs.

Of all those songs, only about 2000 to 3000 songs have been durable enough to become "perennials" in my music collection. Perennials are those songs that endure as favorites of mine year after year. If any song can withstand six months of the gratuitous non-stop play I give to my current favorite songs, then it is likely to be on my list of perennials.

Each journal post will be devoted to a single song and will include a short bio of the artist and the history of the song including whatever information I can find about the songwriter, session musicians and the producer. Since my musical taste runs the gamut of nearly every musical genre, I'm hoping there will be something for everyone in this journal.

Comments are encouraged even from those readers who think my taste in music is atrocious. I will probably do several daily posts during the first week of the blog to get the ball rolling and fall into a pattern of 3 to 5 posts a week once the journal begins to develop a reader response.
Gavin B. is offline   Reply With Quote