Music Banter - View Single Post - Am I the only one who doesn't like Nirvana...
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #70 (permalink)
90'sMusicKid
That weird kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuingchange View Post
...or grunge in general? I don't intend to sit here and dog Nirvana, I don't think they were a terrible band. At least I could sit through one of their songs. I just wanted to ask if there was anyone else out there who feels the same way I do about Nirvana's status as a "legendary" rock band. I just don't see it that way. I think they were ok, but it just kills me how people think they are the greatest thing to ever happen to music. And what's worse is that it seems like one is not allowed to dislike Nirvana. People always look at me like a deer in headlights, puzzled as can be when I tell them I don't like Nirvana. I don't get it. Sure, they were a good band, but why do they have to be everyone's favorite? I have some very strong opinions abouts this whole issue, but I will wait and get other people's opinions before I go into detail about them.
I completely agree. I liked Nirvana as a kid, but their music gets hard on the ears. High schoolers basically got ahold of the name and turned it into just another fad.
so you don't make my mistakes
90'sMusicKid is offline   Reply With Quote