Music Banter - View Single Post - Dimensions and Their Numerical Progression
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #36 (permalink)
anticipation
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Haha...I was wondering if we would get there. In a nutshell, yes...I think a lot of unexplainable occurrences can be explained by interactions with another dimension. In fact, a lot of physicists believe that certain particles appearing and disappearing inexplicably are the result of them traveling dimensions, and these are observed in labs all the time. I do also feel (as do a lot of scientists out there) that taking psychedelics does open up our perception to a taste of the extra-dimensional world. While taking DMT, a lot of people report "intelligent" geometric shapes...my hypothesis is a lot of this is actually us perceiving the 2d world. A lot of the unexplainable stuff that happens during a breakthrough trip could also be a hint of the 4d world (again...our minds would not even be able to comprehend that this is what we are seeing - as Carl Sagan put it, that dimension is completely out of our experience). In fact, it is hard for our minds to even store that experience in memory, so we start focusing on the feelings we had and end up feeling as if it was a religious experience (for those who have taken a psychedelic - the experience you describe is nowhere near the actual experience, no?). All we are left with is the impression that something we won't ever be able to understand just happened to us...just like when Carl Sagan's 2d shape tried to explain his experience with the apple.

Seeing full blow apparitions that look human, though...I don't know about that one. My own personal beliefs are that the human mind carries so much energy that an unexpected and rapid death creates some kind of "imprint"...much like radiation. But that's a theory for another thread.
I find this incredibly interesting because of the vast difference in the perceptions that living things possess. We study the vision and thermal senses of animals such as snakes, birds, bees, and fish and find that they vary quite immensely and interestingly. I believe that our perception of "dimension" is unfortunately quite limited, mostly because our brain's capability to process complex environments is limited. Think about being underwater and the effect it has on your reality, now think about being in the vastness of space. Our ability to survive and function in the majority universe is quite low, despite it being made up of the same elements we are. Add in the idea that the universe is roughly one large goo of particles in a constant reconfiguration, with large waves of atoms, particles, and molecules collide and chaotically reshape the universe like an ocean, and it becomes harder to imagine what other dimensions could possibly be perceived as, or what kind of "beings" exist on those planes. I believe it is unlikely they would exist in any fashion that we could understand so I would hesitate to say we will ever comprehend them.

Also, the idea of the imprint is awesome. I wonder what happens to our atoms when we die, and if there is a significance to atoms that have held "life" after that life has passed on. If existence is one continuity, then what would happen to our conscience after our physical and sensory understanding of the world was removed?
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote