Music Banter - View Single Post - I take more comfort in atheism
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #115 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekn4 View Post
Man you guys sure don't look too hard, I did a search on you tube for zacharia sitchin and found a lecture by him in less than 5 seconds, one is called "lost realms-zacharia sitchin". The astronomy part is like 22min into it. And it was more like 6000 years ago. But I know no one here will actually take the time and do some actual research beyond Wikipedia, so disusssions are pointless here sometimes. Seems like No one really wants to put any effort in finding whats out there. Its like common knowledge that the Mayans knew this, for Pete's sake they knew the planets would be in alignment on Dec, 21, 2012, how is it you don't know this? They had a dead nuts accurate knowledge of the solar system. And I say again, how is it you don't know it, it blows me away.
I'm not saying there's no information out there. I'm questioning the credibility of that information. I mean, if it was "common knowledge" and credible sources backed it up, that information would be on Wikipedia. That I have to check out some lecture on youtube or something in order to find it means it's less likely to be backed up by credible sources.

Getting your info from Wikipedia isn't such a bad idea because it's generally made up of a consensus of opinions and that means it has a sort of built-in bullshit filter.

And by the way, the planets weren't aligned in any particularly interesting fashion last Dec. 21. Just ask if you want a source to back that claim and I will find you one.