Music Banter - View Single Post - I take more comfort in atheism
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #119 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekn4 View Post
First of the planets were lined up you can go on Google Sky and punch in that date.
Instead of trying to figure out on a star map whether or not the planets were "aligned" (whatever that means), I'll just ask NASA. Oh wait, somebody already did so I don't have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasa FAQ regarding Dec. 21 2012
Q: Could planets align in a way that impacts Earth?

A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. One major alignment occurred in 1962, for example, and two others happened during 1982 and 2000. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.
>> Source

So if you wanna claim that the mayans knew that the planets were going to be aligned somehow last dec. 21, I call bullshit. I think it's just another one of your so called "facts", but of course feel free to rebuke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekn4
Then you gotta ask yourself who is it that's discrediting him,because there are less than 200 people on this planet that can even translate that language.
Like I said Wikipedia is common consensus which is always been proven incomplete, without fail. And everything that eventually became truth was mocked by the consensus.
So if you want to find tomorrow's truth you have to look for the people that the consensus are mocking today. Now isn't that a logical way to search for the next step or "truth"
So in order to find the truth, I have to find the ones who have not passed the quality filters of the Scientific community. I have to listen to the ones who have not been able to prove their claims. I have to listen to the ones with the most ridiculous theories.

Are you serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekn4
And again it seems like everyone made a descision without studying his work for yourselves, way to go "scientist" seems like science is turning into nothing different than the religions that you mock.
Blindly following, never questioning what you were taught.
Its cool you can believe what you are told with 100% faith and you have now officially become everything I have heard science claims to be against. Congrats
It's a fact that we can't know everything so at some point we have to put our faith in what other people tell us or have written down. That's just the way it is. A difference then between you and me is that I try to make sure my sources of information are credible sources while you don't. For reasons that seem very strange to me, you seem to follow some way of thinking that makes sure you end up with the least credible sources of information.