Music Banter - View Single Post - I take more comfort in atheism
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #120 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Instead of trying to figure out on a star map whether or not the planets were "aligned" (whatever that means), I'll just ask NASA. Oh wait, somebody already did so I don't have to.

>> Source

So if you wanna claim that the mayans knew that the planets were going to be aligned somehow last dec. 21, I call bullshit. I think it's just another one of your so called "facts", but of course feel free to rebuke.

So in order to find the truth, I have to find the ones who have not passed the quality filters of the Scientific community. I have to listen to the ones who have not been able to prove their claims. I have to listen to the ones with the most ridiculous theories.

Are you serious?

It's a fact that we can't know everything so at some point we have to put our faith in what other people tell us or have written down. That's just the way it is. A difference then between you and me is that I try to make sure my sources of information are credible sources while you don't. For reasons that seem very strange to me, you seem to follow some way of thinking that makes sure you end up with the least credible sources of information.
Tore, you know he's been banned from bringing up religious crap (Which is to say - Posting anything) in any of the off-topic forums, and therefore cannot respond to you, right?

That said, I fully agree with everything you just said. His rationale is pretty much a scientific "Haters gonna hate" - The bad kind, where people use it as an excuse to not listen to any criticism of themselves in any way because they brand everyone who disagrees with them a faceless "hater".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote