Music Banter - View Single Post - N64 vs. PSX
Thread: N64 vs. PSX
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #39 (permalink)
ZeyerGTR
Groupie

I had both, but liked the n64 more back in the day. It was the multiplayer-console of choice - Mario Kart, Goldeneye, etc. There were some great exclusives. That said, I really fell in love with the Resident Evil series on PS1, and all the great retro-game compilations that started coming out (Williams, Atari, Konami, etc).

I ended up selling my n64 collection a while back, but I still have my PS1, and I'll pick up an occasional PS1 game to this day. So these days I like the PS1 better just due to the size and variety of the library.

Quote:
Nintendo shot themself in the foot with the nasty gamecube controller.
Bah, the Gamecube controller is one of the most comfortable controllers ever. It's great. Devs only had problems porting to Gamecube due to the lack of RAM, the proprietary discs that only held 1.5gb, and Nintendo's unfriendly submission processes. It's pretty comparable to the ps2 & xbox in almost every respect. One or two less buttons on the GC controller was the least of the problems. If your game was designed to be cross-platform it wasn't a big deal. Trying to port an Xbox exclusive to ps2 would present similar challenges.
ZeyerGTR is offline   Reply With Quote