Music Banter - View Single Post - Racist* woman gets punched on UK train (tube)
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 AM   #64 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
This is a good summary:

1. You imply racism has a static or agreed upon definition; when in reality it is constantly in flux and its meaning is at best culturally relative.

2. The notion that personal prejudices some equates institutional racism.
I've not implied any of the above, what I have implied though, is that certain people here over the years have made negative remarks about a person or people in sweeping generalisations, without really be aware of their actions. Let's just call it a lack of education and respect for their fellow human being rather than a genuine hatred.

Any reason why somebody should be called a black idiot instead of just an idiot? An idiot's an idot regardless of their cultural identity, so why even bring the cultural element into the issue.

It's now become socially unacceptable for people to discriminate on race or colour here and to make discriminatory remarks, so unless somebody has been living under a rock here they should be aware of this.

If I look at your second point, that's very much stagnation of a society in action, because it allows these personal prejudices to fester and go unchecked. It also depends on how you see the role of society as well.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote