Music Banter - View Single Post - Notorious B.I.G.
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #38 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
To answer the lingering queries of this thread;

1. Notorious BIG is in no way under-rated. To imply he doesn't get the credit he deserves is ridiculous. He is heavily touted by fans, fellow rappers and critics alike. Based off the fact he only had two albums, I'd say he is held in too high regard if one were to actually measure his contributions to the genre.

2. If he were alive today, he'd probably have gone down a similar path to Jay-Z and the two would inevitably teamed up, if Biggie had any idea of how to market himself to the changes in the times, he'd probably be a quite successful hip-hop artist who made crossover tracks, similar to Jigga. The whole 'gangster' gimmick wouldn't cut mustard in 2013.

3. Hip-hop is not all about 'hoes n bitches' in 2013. In fact, the last two years have shown just how many diverse, talented hip-hop artists are out there and in my opinion the scene is better than it's ever been. If you want substance, look for it instead of just lazily complaining about what MTV Hits play.
1. 99 percent of people only know Big Poppa and Juicy. Secondly he made 2 albums that influenced more artists that most people could in a lifetime. If you dont think thats true just look how many rappers reference Biggie in their music.

2. That is a complete and total guess. You are seriously saying the rap scene is better than it was in the 90's? That is like like a telling a blues fan the golden day is now and the 60's were nothing. Come on man every rappers favorites albums are even from the 90's. Pac, Em, Biggie, Mobb Deep, Del, Dre, Snoop and soooooooo many more that are considered the most influential rap albums of all time.

3. Um much of the good hip hop from the 90's wasnt all about "hoes and bitches" either. And I would say much more of the mainstream today is.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote