Music Banter - View Single Post - Why such controversy on Nu Metal?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #33 (permalink)
Euronomus
Dibs on the killing sound

The problem with nu metal isn't that it's a genre of bad ideas, it's that it's built on too few ideas to even sustain a couple of bands long term, let alone an entire genre of bands. The first couple of albums from Korn, Coal Chamber, Incubus, and the first Static-X, Orgy, Mudvayne, and Kittie albums were all great in my book, but after that it got real formulaic and boring really fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
cause the "older people" kids born in like 1979-84 it was something new to them

Kinda like i loved NU metal but after that when Screamo ANd NU Hardcore rose at first i was like Uhhh what ...well thats kinda what it was like for them

They grew up on THrash/Death metal 90-94 industrail goth or whatever they were into at the time real extreme stuff and when NU metal came out with there more streamlined riffs and electronics added on they were like WHAT !!!!!
I was born in 1980, and yes I listened to a lot of industrial in my teens, but other than that I have no Idea what you are talking about, at the time people my age seemed to be into nu metal even more than the people ~5-10 yrs younger than me.